Evaluate & Enhance Teaching Modalities
Importance: Reducing barriers to learning enables all students the ability to perform and graduate with the knowledge and tools needed for a life of impact and joy.
Plan: The plan aims to evaluate and enhance technology in classrooms to support flexible teaching modalities, optimize the Learning Management System (LMS) for hybrid and online courses, and foster collaboration among stakeholders to improve the learning experience for all students, particularly underserved populations. This includes conducting an accessibility audit and making necessary improvements to ensure compliance, implementing affordability initiatives, and ensuring that technology and support services are accessible to students with disabilities.
Lead: Provost, Instructional Design teams, and Deans, .
Goal 1: Enhance Modalities for Flexible Classrooms and Hybrid Programs
Objective 1.1: Technology-Enhanced Classrooms
- Importence: Flexible spaces enable instructors to implement new, innovative, and accessible pedagogies.
- Objective: Evaluate and enhance technology in classrooms to support flexible teaching modalities, including hybrid and online courses.
- Timeline: Complete the evaluation and enhancement of technology in classrooms within 12 months.
- Learn about the project
Objective 1.2: Learning Management System (LMS) Optimization
- Importance: Quality remote and hybrid learning expands the possibility for students to learn, reflect, and interact.
- Objective: Optimize the university's Learning Management System to facilitate seamless delivery of hybrid and online courses, improving the learning experience.
- Timeline: Achieve LMS optimization within 9 months.
Goal 2: Enhance Accessibility and Affordability for Underserved Students
Objective 2.1: Accessibility Audit and Improvements
- Importance: Accessibility guidelines improve the experience for all students, regardless if they have disclosed a disability.
- Objective: Conduct an accessibility audit of digital resources and course materials. Implement necessary improvements to ensure accessibility compliance.
- Timeline: Complete the accessibility audit and improvements within 12 months.
Objective 2.2: Accessible Technology and Services
- Importance: Accessible technology and services improve the experience for all students, regardless if they have disclosed a disability.
- Objective: Ensure that technology and support services are accessible to students with disabilities, promoting inclusivity.
- Timeline: Establish accessible technology and services within 12 months.
Objective 2.3: Affordability Initiatives
Goal 3: Collaboration and Training
Objective 3.1: Collaboration Among Stakeholders
Objective 3.2: Training and Professional Development
Importance: Making sure all faculty, staff, and administrators know about and can utilize technology, accessibility best practices, and available resources, promotes student learning.
- Objective: Provide training and professional development opportunities for faculty to enhance their skills in delivering flexible and accessible courses.
- Timeline: Conduct regular training sessions and professional development activities.