Enhance Campus Technology
Enhance Campus Technology
- The plan seeks to enhance various aspects of campus technology infrastructure, including mobile apps and WiFi coverage, accessible power outlets in classrooms, printing and computer center access, and IT on-call support.
- Additionally, the plan aims to adopt a "one card" system for access control, e-commerce, and event tracking across the campus.
- The leadership for this initiative involves the CIO, VP for Administration, and Deans.
Goal 1: Enhance Campus Technology Infrastructure
Objective 1.1: Mobile App and WiFi Enhancement
- Objective: Enhance the university's mobile app to provide valuable services to students, faculty, and staff. Improve WiFi coverage in low-signal areas to ensure seamless connectivity across the campus.
- Timeline: Complete mobile app enhancements and WiFi improvements within 12 months.
Objective 1.2: Accessible Outlets in Classrooms
- Objective: Install accessible power outlets in designated classrooms to support students and faculty members' technology needs, ensuring that everyone can utilize technology effectively.
- Timeline: Ensure accessible outlets in all classrooms within 18 months.
Goal 2: Computer Center Access and Improve Printing and
Objective 2.1: Computer Center Access and IT On-Call Support
- Objective: Improve access to computer centers by extending operational hours and providing additional resources to accommodate student needs. Establish an on-call IT support service to provide immediate assistance during peak hours.
- Timeline: Improve computer center access and launch IT on-call support service within 12 months.
Objective 2.2 Enhanced Printing Services
- Objective: Improve printing services by implementing a user-friendly printing solution and enhancing access to printing facilities across the campus.
- Timeline: Implement the enhanced printing services within 9 months.
Goal 3: Implement "One Card" System for Access Control and E-commerce
Objective 3.1: "One Card" System Implementation
- Objective: Implement a comprehensive "one card" system that combines access control, e-commerce capabilities, and event tracking for campus-wide convenience and security.
- Timeline: Roll out the "one card" system within 24 months.
Objective 3.2: User Training and Adoption
- Objective: Provide training and support to ensure that students, faculty, and staff are proficient in using the "one card" system, fostering its successful adoption.
- Timeline: Conduct training and facilitate user adoption within 18 months.
These goals and objectives represent a strategic plan to enhance various aspects of campus technology infrastructure, accessibility, and services.