Student Centered Technology Evaluation
Importance: Students need to be equipped the essential technology skills and knowledge so that they can lead a life of meaning, impact, and joy.
Plan: This plan aims to provide students with the technological competency to excel in a dynamic workplace and the world beyond.
Lead: CIO, Deans, Office of Career and Professional Development.
Goal 1: Identify Relevant Workplace and World Technologies
Objective 1.1: Technology Assessment
- Importance: Knowing our current alignment with workplace and world technologies will allow us to understand where we need to grow.
- Objective: Conduct a comprehensive assessment to identify current and emerging technologies that students need to understand to excel in their future careers and life.
- Timeline: Complete the technology assessment within 6 months.
Objective 1.2: Industry Collaboration
Goal 2: Enhance Learning and Engagement with Technology
Objective 2.1: Pedagogical Integration
- Importance: The right use of technology can expand access and learning for students.
- Objective: Explore pedagogical approaches that leverage technology to enhance learning outcomes and student engagement.
- Timeline: Begin implementing pedagogical enhancements within 12 months.
Objective 2.2: Technology Evaluation
- Importance: Having a clear technology assessment tool allows us to insure technology is accessible and is culturally relevant for all users.
- Objective: Evaluate and select technology tools and platforms that have the potential to enhance learning and engagement across various disciplines.
- Timeline: Complete the technology evaluation and selection within 9 months.
Goal 3: Curriculum Integration
Objective 3.1: Curriculum Alignment
- Importance: Students need to have a diverse, technologically relevant curriculum to enable them to interact with the world beyond higher education.
- Objective: Align curriculum with identified workplace and world technologies and integrate relevant tech-focused courses or modules into the academic programs.
- Timeline: Begin curriculum alignment within 12 months.
Objective 3.2: Faculty Training
- Importance: Faculty need to be comfortable, confident, and knowledgeable about the technology the students will be using.
- Objective: Provide training and support for faculty to effectively incorporate technology-enhanced content into their courses and teaching methodologies.
- Timeline: Initiate faculty training programs within 9 months.
Goal 4: Student Support and Assessment
Objective 4.1: Student Resources
- Importance: Students need to be comfortable, confident, and knowledgeable about the technology they will be using.
- Objective: Develop and provide resources, workshops, and support services to help students acquire the necessary technology skills.
- Timeline: Launch student support resources within 12 months.
Objective 4.2: Assessment Framework
- Importance: Routinely assessing the technology will allow the university to quickly expand relevant tools or shrink tools that are ineffective.
- Objective: Establish an assessment framework to measure the effectiveness of technology integration in improving student learning outcomes and workplace readiness.
- Timeline: Develop the assessment framework within 6 months.
These goals and objectives underscore our commitment to preparing our students not only to meet but to exceed the demands of the ever-evolving job market by embracing technology as an essential tool for success.