Microsoft Bookings can reduce the scheduling burden on faculty by automatically creating online Teams appointments based on your schedule and availability. It requires some work to set up the parameters, but it allows students to select times that are convenient for you without dealing with the back and forth, scheduling, and calendar invites. To setup and create your own calendar:
- Go to https://outlook.office.com/bookings/homepage
- Name your company something like “Mary Smith’s Office Hours”
- Under the Booking Page tab, change your Scheduling Policy.
- Under the Services tab, change your service to Office Hours and check Add Online Meeting.
- Set your availability/office hours in the Business Information
- Click Save and Publish.
- Under the Booking Page tab, copy the link to share your page (or use the embed tool) to add your form to Moodle, your email signature, share in Teams, etc.