Consent and release forms

Depending on your relationship to the University, there are two ways to access consent and release forms:

  1. Release form for the University of Redlands community: Students, faculty, staff, and administrators who have a email address
  2. Release form for the extended community: Alumni, donors, parents, and friends of the University who do not have a Redlands email address.

Release forms for College of Arts & Sciences students

At the beginning of each semester, first-year and transfer students complete a New Student Checklist during New Student Orientation. The checklist includes a digital Photography and Video Consent and Release form. Students who are at least 18 years of age may choose to sign it or opt out. Our photographers may take photos of students in areas of the campus where we are capturing general images of academic and student life.

When specific students are contacted by our writers or photographers for a story, we will ask students to sign the release form again to ensure they are aware of how the images will be used. University Communications captures these assets for recruitment brochures, Och Tamale magazine, Bulldog Blog,, and/or our main social media channels—to promote the U of R to the general public, prospective students, alumni, and donors in print and digital formats.

Release forms for graduate students

Regional campus staff members in the School of BusinessSchool of Education, and Graduate School of Theology ask new students to physically sign consent and release forms at the beginning of their program. The staff members then scan and email completed forms to, and University Communications files them digitally. We are working on transitioning new graduate students to use the digital form.

Release forms for faculty and staff

We ask faculty and staff to complete the digital release form when they have their photo taken for a story or for the A-Z directory on

Release forms for visitors or guests at University events

When the public is invited to events at any of our campuses, or at events off-campus, then those events, places, and spaces are considered public and we do not ask event attendees to sign release forms.

When in doubt, download and print copies of the “Photography and/or Filming in Progress” sign and post it at your event.