University of Redlands announces 108th Commencement ceremonies
REDLANDS, California (April 17, 2017)—The University of Redlands will proudly graduate 1,750 undergraduate and graduate students at its 108th Commencement ceremonies, April 20-22 at the Alumni Greek Theatre on the Redlands campus at 1200 E. Colton Ave., Redlands, California. Commencement ceremonies are for invited guests only and not open to the public.
“Commencement marks the beginning, not the ending,” says University President Ralph Kuncl. “Commencement is the culminating celebration of years of effort at Redlands. Yet it is more than a singular moment. It is a centuries-old tradition that signifies a graduate’s readiness for a new beginning.”
The following ceremonies are scheduled:
School of Education Commencement—5 p.m. Thursday, April 20
- Ceremony will be streamed live at http://www.redlands.edu/sestream
- 450 graduates
- Keynote speaker: Dr. Michael Lin, superintendent, Corona-Norco Unified School District, the ninth largest school district in California, serving more than 54,000 students.
- Student speaker: Joi Duffy ’17, graduating with a Master of Arts Learning and Teaching and a single-subject credential in physical education.
Baccalaureate—5 p.m. Friday, April 21 in the Memorial Chapel.
College of Arts & Sciences Commencement—9 a.m. Saturday, April 22
- Ceremony will be streamed live at http://www.redlands.edu/casstream
- 651 graduates
- Keynote speaker: Kevin Eubanks, acclaimed jazz and fusion guitarist perhaps best known for his 15-year run as music director on Jay Leno’s “The Tonight Show” Band and a music career spanning more than 100 albums. Eubanks will also receive an Honorary Doctor of Music at the ceremony.
- Student speaker: Emma Wade ’17, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in Public Policy and Race and Ethnic Studies.
Johnston Center for Integrated Studies—1 p.m. Saturday, April 22
Students in the Johnston program walk in the College of Arts & Sciences ceremony. This ceremony is a personalized event for the 33 graduates of the program, held on Bekins Lawn.
School of Business Commencement—4 p.m. Saturday, April 22
- Ceremony will be streamed live at http://www.redlands.edu/sbstream
- Keynote speaker: Randall Walker ’88, vice president and leader of the sales division for CT (Computerized Tomography) and MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) systems at BC Technical. Walker was heavily involved in the establishment of the School of Business’s Banta Center for Business, Ethics and Society. In addition, the University gives the annual Randal Walker Ethics Award to a student who has demonstrated outstanding achievement in ethics and community service.
- Student speaker: Manuel Martinez ’17, graduating with an MBA.
Guests should refer to the campus map and parking map for directions and available parking. More information about ceremonies and live streaming are available online at Redlands.edu/commencement. All are encouraged to share congratulations and photographs via social media using the hashtag #URBulldog2017.