Education & Outreach
Adance the University of Redlands to the forefront of teaching.
- Provide effective IT services that improve learning outcomes and reduce the cost of instruction.
- Establish an innovative continuous improvement model that encourages and enables new and improved modes of instruction.
- Increase opportunities for access to existing and new knowledge acquisition.
Goals and Objectives
Goal #1: Create a Technology- Supported Ecosystem
- Learning content repository.
- New Learning Management System that supports multiple modalities.
- Learning analytics tools.
Goal #2: Transform Learning Spaces
- Transform learning spaces to support new pedagogical models (e.g., flexible, active, flipped).
- Increase the availability of active learning spaces.
- Main Campus.
- Classroom technology renovations.
- Fletcher Jones Computing Center renovation.
- New makerspace.
- Collaborative learning spaces.
- Regional Campuses.
- Create “executive” teleconference spaces.
- Improve quality of service for traditional classrooms.
Goal #3: Mobilize Teaching & Learning Services
- Pursue a mobile-first strategy for all new applications.
- Invest in virtual lab and virtual desktop capabilities.
- Implement platform agnostic teaching & learning services.
- Upgrade teleconferencing technology infrastructure at all campuses.
- Regional Campuses
- Replace fixed computer labs with BYOD and laptop kiosks.
- Extend mobile app and presence platforms to students.
Goal #4: Provide Multiple Technology Training Channels
- Expand self-service training resources.
- Take face-to-face training to stakeholders.
- Leverage existing cloud-based training services.
Goal #5: Support and Encourage an Innovative Environment and Continuous Improvement
- Scale up instructional designer capacity.
- Mobile VR kits.
- Utilize metrics and analytics to assess and evaluate effectiveness of IT services for teaching and learning.