Rationalizing and Optimizing IT
Provision and operate effective and efficient shared IT infrastructure.
- Provide shared IT infrastructure to meet the needs of central Administrative Systems, distributed IT departments, and end-users.
- Consolidate and standardize IT infrastructure to reduce costs through economies of scale.
- Replace, retire, or update IT infrastructure and services at regular lifecycles to assure reliability and performance.
- Evaluate and implement new technologies in support of innovative applications.
Goals and Objectives
Goal # 1: Move all on-premise enterprise platforms to the cloud.
- Colleague (ERP)
- Network Share Folders.
- SAP Business Objects.
- Custom development.
Goal #2: Address deferred technology gaps on Marin Campus.
- Server upgrades for phone system and shared on-premise resources.
- Enhance Wi-fi capabilities to support teaching, learning, research and campus events
- Upgrade campus network connectivity.
- Address deferred infrastructure maintenance.
Goal #3: Create infrastructure that can support online, face-to-face and hybrid equally well.
- New Learning Management System that supports multiple modalities.
- Upgrade teleconferencing technology infrastructure at all campuses.
- Scale up instructional designer capacity.
- Invest in virtual lab and virtual desktop capabilities.
Goal #4: Upgrade technology infrastructure on Main Campus.
- Wi-fi system renovation.
- Classroom technology renovations
- Unified digital identification, access and purchasing (one card system)
- Immersive telepresence support.
Goal #5: Upgrade technology infrastructure on Regional Campuses.
- Create “executive” teleconference spaces.
- Replace fixed computer labs with BYOD and laptop kiosks.
- Extend mobile app and Presence platforms to Regional Campus students.