University of Redlands celebrates 109th Commencement
The University of Redlands will proudly graduate about 1670 undergraduate and graduate students at its 109th Commencement ceremonies, April 19-21 at the Alumni Greek Theatre on the Redlands, California campus.
The following ceremonies are scheduled:
o School of Education Commencement—4 p.m. Thursday, April 19
- Ceremony will be streamed live at http://www.redlands.edu/SEstream
- 340 graduates
- Keynote speaker: Dr. Tyrone C. Howard, expert on race, culture, teaching and learning in urban schools; professor of education at UCLA; director and founder of the UCLA Black Male Institute.
- Student speaker: Jasmine Smith ’18, Master’s Degree in Higher Education, Student Affairs.
o College of Arts & Sciences Commencement—4 p.m. Friday, April 20
- Ceremony will be streamed live at http://www.redlands.edu/CASstream
- 705 graduates
- Honorary Doctor of Music degree awarded to Frederick Swann, critically acclaimed organist and artist professor of music at the U of R since 2007.
- Keynote speaker: U of R Alumnus James Ramos ’09, Third District Supervisor, San Bernardino County; co-founder, San Manuel Band of Mission Indians’ Cultural Awareness Program.
- Student speaker: Amma Adomaa-Fordjour ‘18
o Johnston Center for Integrative Studies—1 p.m. Saturday, April 21
- Students in the Johnston program walk in the College of Arts & Sciences ceremony. This ceremony is a personalized event for the 53 graduates of the program, held on Bekins Lawn.
- Speakers: Alisa Slaughter, professor of creative writing; Karen Derris, professor of Buddhist studies.
o School of Business Commencement—4 p.m. Saturday, April 21
- Ceremony will be streamed live at http://www.redlands.edu/SBstream
- 626 graduates
- Keynote speaker: Charles Wilke ’64, founding principal of Meridian Capital LLC, U of R Trustee.
- Student speaker: Sonia Gomez ‘18
Guests should refer to the campus map and parking map for directions and available parking. More information about ceremonies and live streaming are available online at Redlands.edu/commencement. All are encouraged to share congratulations and photographs via social media using the hashtag #URBulldog2018.
Note to members of the media: All media must contact Jennifer Dobbs to receive credentials and a parking pass if planning to be on campus for commencement.