Last Update: May 9, 2019
Complete; **** Priority
Provost Ogren; Deans; VP Enrollment Dyerly; Faculty governance committees; Faculty curriculum and program leaders
- The School of Education will now have an Undergraduate Education Program Coordinator to provide leadership in developing the undergraduate education pathway within the School of Education. Dr. Charest will take this leadership role beginning July 1, 2019.
- College of Arts and Sciences and School of Education faculty are now working on transforming the Liberal Studies major into an Elementary Education major. This will create new Pathway opportunities for CAS students in Education.
- Our deans are clarifying a pathway for CAS Music students to earn a Music Education credential. We’re aligning course timing, advising, and information for CAS Music Majors. This has been a great collaboration between Joe Modica and School of Education staff.
- We have begun recruiting for the new Master of Music in Vocal Chamber Music (SOM).
- We’ve added locations for School of Business programs at Fullerton College and WeWorks.
- The School of Education has plans to create a pathway for current SFTS students to also get an MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling after the merger with SFTS is complete.
- The School of Education collaborated with the School of Continuing Studies to create an online Child Development course to help students meet the pre-requisite in Child Development for admission to the School of Education in teacher education. This new class has launched and is being taught for the first time in May.
Internal costs for new program/course development are typically absorbed in the existing academic affairs budget.
New/Enhanced Revenue or Endowment
Differentiation of Redlands degree options for students increases our value proposition. Specific enhanced revenue to be determined when programs are finalized for review.
- Aid recruitment and retention of undergraduates seeking an efficient (pre-qualified admission) progression to a graduate degree.
- Modest boost to enrollment for students anticipating scholarly and professional degree progressions.
- Pathways summit in spring 2017 will identify the most promising undergraduate to graduate pathways within UR.