How do I prepare for 2Step Authentication?
Duo Mobile App
The Duo Mobile App requires iOS 9 or greater or Android 5 or greater.
With 2Step Authentication, email access is only available through certain applications, dependent on devices. Outlook Web Access is available on all devices with a modern browser. All University of Redlands Faculty, Staff and Students can download Office 365 at no cost, from this site https://portal.office.com
University of Redlands Mobile App
- Microsoft Outlook available through the Apple App Store for free. App requires iOS 10.0 or higher.
- Native iOS mail app on iOS 11 or higher (delete may need to delete mail account from phone and reconfigure)
- Microsoft Outlook app available from Google Play store for free. App requires Android OS 4.4 or higher. Microsoft Outlook on Google Play Store
- Nine - Email & Calendar app is a 3rd Party application reported to work with 2Step Authentication. This app is not supported by ITS, and is not a free app, the user will be responsible for the cost. Nine on Google Play Store
Windows based OS
- Windows 10 Mail Application
- Outlook 365, Outlook 2013 (with registry keys) Outlook 2016
Mac based OS
- Outlook 365, Outlook 2016 for Mac, Mac Mail in OSX 10.14 or higher
- IMAP/POP3 access
- MAC Mail in OSX 10.13 or prior
- Google/Android native mail/calendaring applications
- Outlook 2010 or prior on Windows
- Outlook 2015 or prior on Mac
- iOS mail app on iOS 10 or prior
- Any email application that does not support Modern Authentication or ADAL libraries.
Office Client Access
To support access to Office 365 services, Office 2013 on Windows needs to have the following registry keys added. Click here for more information. Office 2016 supports 2Step Authentication natively.
2Step Authentication relies on Modern Authentication libraries from Microsoft, also known as ADAL (Active Directory Authentication Libraries). Applications that currently do not support Modern Authentication may support it in the future, and we will keep this list up to date.