University of Redlands

Options for Filing a Report

It is important that you have the opportunity talk with someone if you experienced sexual misconduct or are uncertain if you have experienced it. We encourage you to have a conversation with a knowledgeable person who can help guide you in this process and inform you of your options. For this reason, we have not included an online report form but rather provided you with options for conversation.

To talk to someone about sexual misconduct, or to report sexual misconduct or intimate partner violence, including dating or domestic violence, and/or stalking, please explore one or more of the following resources:

Help and Support Handout.pdf

Confidential Resources

You can choose to speak confidentially to one of the clinicians in the Counseling Center or the University Chaplain, and can do so without either of these parties disclosing your name (or the name of the accused) to Public Safety, Student Life, Human Resources or to the local Police Department, unless you are under the age of 18. You may also choose to contact the local Sexual Assault Services organization, who are not mandated reporters. The medical staff at the Student Health Center are required by California law to report sexual misconduct to local law enforcement authorities.

University Resources

Almost all administrators, staff and faculty members at the University are considered “responsible employees,” with the notable exceptions listed above. Notice to any other employee of the University is official notice to the institution. You can expect to have incidents of sexual misconduct taken seriously by the institution when reported, and to have those incidents investigated and properly resolved through administrative procedures. Reporting means that only people who need to know will be told and information will be shared only as necessary with investigators, witnesses and the accused individual. In most situations, the only people notified of the report are the Title IX Coordinators for the University. A Title IX Coordinator will contact the reporting party about his or her wishes before moving forward.

If you ask that no investigation or other action take place, the University will honor that request except in the unusual circumstance where the University determines that it cannot do so because of significant continuing concerns about campus safety or discrimination. In such event, the University will seek to minimize the amount of information disclosed and will advise you that we are unable to honor your request(s).

For the University to be able to take action, including providing resources and accommodation to you and initiating an investigation, you should contact the appropriate Deputy Title IX coordinator for your school or area. You can also notify Student Life staff. Reports can also be filed with Public Safety 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 909-748-8888.

External Resources

You may choose to go directly to Redlands Community Hospital, Redlands Police Department, and/or any other medical or law enforcement agency to report a sexual assault. The University may not be able to assist you since these entities may not report the incident to the University. The University has no control over what outside agencies do with reported information.

NOTE: You may choose to notify both University and non-University affiliated agencies (e.g. law enforcement). Use of one of the options listed above does not preclude any others.

Return to Title IX Homepage